Throughout the year, our amazing viticultural team works to constantly improve the crop, advise growers, monitor ripening and establish the appropriate moment for harvesting, so that grapes are picked at the perfect moment and then transferred swiftly to the winery in the best condition.
Once at the winery:
THE TRADITIONAL METHOD OF SPARKLING WINE PRODUCTION
- After de-stemming and pressing the grapes, we obtain the must.
- We add selected yeast and the must ferments at 15º-17ºC.
- Once fermentation is complete and the wines are stabilised, blending takes place and the resulting wine is bottled together with the licor de tiraje (a mixture of sugar and yeast).
- The bottles are stored in underground cellars (at a constant temperature of 17ºC), where a second fermentation occurs followed by a period of ageing in contact with yeast lees.
- In all, the wine must spend at least 9 months on the lees (longer for some blends).
- At the end of the ageing period, riddling takes place (rotating the bottles so the deposits from the second fermentation collect in the neck of the bottle).
- Then disgorging, when the sediment is extracted from the bottle.
- The dosage is added - this determines the level of residual sugar in the wine.
- Finally, the definitive cava cork, with a 4 pointed star printed on the inside, is inserted into the bottle. If there is no star, its not a cava!
We are committed to responsible drinking so we need to check that you can legally enjoy our products.
Please do not attempt to enter this website if you are not of the legal purchase age for alcohol in your country of access